In earlier versions of Windows it could be a real problem to do this but now you can easily convert files to PDF in Windows 10. You had to wish that the software you used did the convert job well in or you had to pay a premium software to get PDF.
Now you don’t need to convert just save as the document as PDF. Here how you can convert files to PDF (actually saving as PDF) for free and without any addition software or tool.
Save or Convert to PDF in Word
1) Choose File > Export > Create PDF/XPS.
2) Choose Options in pop up dialogue. If you don’t want document information included in the PDF then select Document and clear Document properties. Set any other options you want and choose OK.
3) In Publish as PDF or XPS, navigate to where you want to save the file. Also, modify the file name if you want a different name.
4) Click Publish.
Save or Convert to PDF in Excel or Powerpoint
1) Click the File tab.
2) Click Save As. (To see the Save As dialog box in Excel/Powerpoint 2013 or Excel/Powerpoint 2016, you have to choose a location and folder.)
3) Enter a name for the file as you wish.
4) In the Save as type list, click PDF (*.pdf).
- If you want the file to open in the selected format after saving, select the Open file after publishing check box.
- If the document requires high print quality, click Standard (publishing online and printing).
- If file size is more important than print quality, click Minimum size (publishing online).
5) Click Options to set the page to be printed, to choose whether markup should be printed, and to select output options. Click OK when finished.
6) Click Save.
To quickly create a copy of file or folder instead of moving it, hold down Ctrl and then drag & drop the file or folder to destination you want.