Remove Adware, Spyware and Malware with HiJackThis
HiJackThis Fork is a free utility for Microsoft Windows that scans your computer for settings changed by adware, spyware, malware and other unwanted programs.
HiJackThis Fork detects hijacking methods rather than comparing items against a pre-built database. This allows it to detect new or previously unknown malware – but it also makes no distinction between safe and unsafe items. Users are expected to research all scanned items, and only remove items from their PC when absolutely appropriate.
Therefore, false positives are likely. If you are ever unsure, you should consult with a knowledgeable expert BEFORE deleting anything.
Features of HiJackThis:
- Lists non-default settings in the registry, hard drive and memory related to autostart
- Generates organized, easily readable reports
- Does not use a database of specific malware, adware, etc
- Detects potential methods used by hijackers
- Can be configured to automatically scan at system boot up
- Short logs
- Fast scans
- No need to manually create fixing scripts
- No need for Internet access or recurring database updates
- Already familiar to many people
HiJackThis Fork does not make value-based calls on what is considered good or bad. You must exercise caution when using this tool. Avoid making changes to your computer settings without thoroughly studying the consequences of each change.
Click here to download newest version of HiJackThis.
Hold down Alt key and double click on file or folder to open its Properties box.